Sunday 25 May 2014

FILM REVIEW: X-MEN DAYS OF FUTURE PAST AND MY CURRENT READS

Hello, my wonderful, ever energetic readers. 
I'm sorry I wasn't able to do a weekly book review for the past three weeks because my Mid-Term Exam was going on and I didn't really read any books during that period because I was so busy catching up with my exam papers, but my Mid-Term Holiday just started so I think I would be able to do probably a twice-a-week review if only I could finish reading a book like really fast, which is possible for my reading speed.
For this post, I will be reviewing "X-Men: Days Of Future Past", which just recently released on March 23rd, which is also 2 days ago. I actually just watched it one day after its release, which is on March 24th, which is also a Saturday. Too be honest, I'm still fangirling about everything that practically happened in this film like Jennifer Lawrence (If you saw my Instagram page, you would notice I'm actually wearing a blue dress to support Jennifer Lawrence as Raven a.k.a Mystique in the film.) Furthermore, I'll also be showing you guys my current reads.
  Now, let's jump right in. 

(*Spoilers Alert! However, I will not be doing a brief summary on this film. You can check out the link below of the post for more information on this film.)

OFFICIAL FILM REVIEW:
+ The plot of the film was just so smart and really breathtaking. I really enjoyed the entire idea of the film like involving time-traveling and going back to the past to fix all those wrong-doings to save the present and the future. I think this film really taught all the viewers that everything you do has its own consequences and it may change the future in a good way or in a bad way, and it's really all about the choices you make to undone the future and change history forever.
+ First, I got to say Hugh Jackman as Logan a.k.a. Wolverine just made the entire audience at the very edge of their sits. Too be honest, I wasn't really a huge fan of Wolverine because he didn't really attracted my attention towards him even though he had played the main lead in most of the X-Men films, but after watching Hugh's performance in this film, I was like "Can I just have some more Wolverine scenes?" Because there weren't really much scenes about him and I just wished we could have seen more Wolverine-in-action. 
+ My two Charles Xavier a.k.a. Professor X James McAvoy , who reprised his role as the younger version of Charles Xavier, and Patrick Stewart , who played the older version of Charles Xavier and also in the original X-Men trilogy films. I have to say James McAvoy definitely nailed his role as the younger version of Charles Xavier like you would never expected Charles to be going through so much pain and suffering before becoming the well-known Professor X that every mutant and human in the world respects and admires. James McAvoy is really good at delivering emotional scenarios since this is about him battling his own demons and the evil brewing around him, so I think he did a FANTASTIC job. As for Patrick Stewart, I think his role is quite simple compared to James McAvoy, but that doesn't mean he didn't do anything. I think at that specific situation, when you know you're the last few species of your kind standing alive, there is this certain amount of fear and emotion inside, so I think that's what Sir Patrick Stewart delivered, like he's strong and calm on the surface and has all his faith towards the person he trusted the most--Logan, but still deep down, he has that fear that they may not have enough time to save them from extinction. So hands down to these both AMAZING actors portraying Professor X.  
+ I got a lot of good things to say about these two portraying the younger version and older version of Erik Lensherr a.k.a Magneto respectively: Michael Fassbender (younger version of Magneto) and Ian McKellen (older version of Magneto). First of all, I started fangirling over Michael Fassbender straight away after his appearance when they were breaking him out of the Pentagon. Before "X-Men: First Class", I never really given much thought to whatever Magneto really gone through, in the previous X-Men trilogy films because well first, he's a villain and second, his really ambitious; but after watching the first "X-Men: First Class" film with Michael portraying Erik Lensherr before he officially became Magneto really got me wondering the real reason why he became the villain he is in the previous X-Men trilogy films...(like he's that good)...And in "X-Men: Days of Future Past", he brought Erik Lensherr in a whole new direction or it's just Michael himself bringing his acting skills in a whole new level. There is this one specific scene in the film that really wrecked me because Michael's acting skills on emotional scenarios just really got to me. Too be honest, at some point of the film, I was really hoping they could just make a film about him with Michael portraying. Sir Ian McKellen, on the other hand, really got me wanting to watch those previous X-Men trilogy films with him as Magneto through out this film because I never thought he could make Magneto this bad-ass and at a very specific scene in the film just suddenly got really emotional. I just have to do this stand up ovation for the both of them.
+ Another reason to watch this film is of course to watch this bad-ass actress, Jennifer Lawrence portraying this kick-ass character, Raven a.k.a Mystique. You probably have watched her in "The Hunger Games" film series as the main protagonist, Katniss Everdeen, but forget all of that. Jennifer Lawrence definitely dropped the whole Katniss personality and went diving into the Mystique personality and she nailed it. She was able to portray the more emotional side of Mystique that were never seen before in the previous "X-Men" trilogy films and you'll never know she actually went through all those pain and suffering too to get to the villain that she was in the "X-Men" trilogy films. I mean, I always wanted to know Mystique's background story and how she met Magneto and joined forces with him, and this film definitely tells some part of how she became the person she is today. Speaking of Magneto, I really enjoyed the chemistry they had throughout the film, not that they kissed or anything, but I feel the both of them (Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence) had such great chemistry throughout the film, but you can't help but wonder sometimes that they will definitely get rid of each other to get whatever they want, but that's what makes their personalities so similar. The relationship between Raven and Charles Xavier was even more emotional compared to her and Erik, but that's what really make the film even more interesting. I think, even though they stand on different grounds and fighting in opposite purposes, but deep down, they still need each other like most of the siblings do. Overall, I got to say I have never loved Mystique this much until Jennifer Lawrence came by and swooped us of our feet.
+ I have never seen a more braver person than Ellen Page, who came out a lesbian just a few months ago, and she nailed the role of Kitty Pryde a.k.a Shadowcat right into the wall like literally she could walked right through walls. I think her role is very simple, but Ellen Page was able to portray this even more complex and diverse character of Kitty Pryde and we had never seen this side of her, like she grew from this teenager mutant who had the ability to walk through walls to this brave young woman who takes her mutant abilities to a whole new level and gained a new power to control the past and to change the future. 
+ Like I said in my "X-Men: Days of Future Past Trailer Reactions", I really don't know what to expect with Peter Dinklage portraying the main antagonist, Bolivar Trask, but he definitely did a great job in this film. Even though, Trask doesn't show that cruel side of him on the surface, but below it all, he's actually a cold-blooded animal who experiments on mutants to create the perfect weapon called the Sentinels and he doesn't even feel guilty or anything about creating an extinction of the mutant species, and that's what really makes Peter's acting performance so good. Like, you can't really hate him or love him, it just makes you feel lots of emotions inside of you. 
Another actor that I would like to give an applause to has got to be Nicholas Hoult portraying Hank McCoy a.k.a. Beast. I don't really have much to say about his character, but I really enjoyed his acting performance in the film. I think, Hank is still struggling to control himself as Beast, but he's definitely learning how to, and that emotional journey throughout the film of realization that mutants can't really be accepted as part of the community and it just breaks all the audiences heart. With Fan Bing Bing as Clarice Ferguson a.k.a Blink was just another perfection of the film. I have never seen a Chinese actress portraying such a strong character this well other than Li Bing Bing, but she did such a FANTASTIC job in this film, and I'm definitely looking forward to watch her in the sequel. I'm also looking forward to watch Evan Peters portraying Pietro Maximoff a.k.a Quicksilver in the sequel. However, I'm not sure if Evan will be reprising his role or even Quicksilver will be reprised in the sequel.

The Official Movie Poster of "X-Men: Days of Future Past". This film is already on cinemas and theaters so be sure to go watch this film and give your comment on the comment section below. You can follow their Twitter page (@XMenMovies) for more updates and information on this film. You can also #XMenDaysOfFuturePast on Twitter, I'm currently retweeting and favourite every tweets with this hashtag trend of "X-Men: Days of Future Past". 
The official teaser poster for Wolverine, who is portrayed by none-other-than Hugh Jackman. There were many official posters of Wolverine that were released, but I just adore this one so I decided to choose this poster of Wolverine. You can follow Hugh Jackman on Twitter: @RealHughJackman for more information on Wolverine and of course updates of  Hugh himself.
My Two Charles Xavier/ Professor X: Patrick Stewart (left) portrayed the older version of Charles Xavier in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" and the original "X-Men" trilogy films. You can follow him on his Twitter page: @SirPatStew for more information and updates on his character. James McAvoy (right) portrayed the younger version of Charles Xavier in "X-Men: First Class" and of course 'X-Men: Days of Future Past".
The official teaser poster of Erik Lensherr a.k.a Magneto in the combination of the older version and the younger version of himself: Michael Fassbender portrayed the younger version of Magneto in "X-Men: First Class" and reprised his role again as Magneto in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" alongside Sir Ian McKellen to portray the older version of Magneto in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" and the original "X-Men" trilogy films. You can follow Sir Ian McKellen on his Twitter Page: @IanMcKellen for more updates and more information on Magneto and the talent behind him. 
I just can't get enough of these two. Michael Fassbender (who portrayed the younger version of Magneto) and Sir Ian McKellen (who portrayed the older version of Magneto) was just so BAD-ASS in the film. I just wish there were more.
You do have to excuse me for putting up this image of Michael Fassbender. I just can't stop FANGIRLING over him after watching "X-Men: Days of Future Past". If you already watched this film, you will know why. (He just killed it.)
Jennifer Lawrence in blue or it's just her portraying Raven a.k.a Mystique in 'X-Men: First Class" and "X-Men: Days of Future Past". #JenniferLawrence and I will retweet your tweets too. She's just so good in the films.
Jennifer Lawrence being Jennifer Lawrence (LOL) except she's portraying Raven. You can find this specific scene of Raven in "X-Men: Days of Future Past".
The bravest and the most talented actress in the whole wide world, Ellen Page portrayed the character of Kitty Pryde a.k.a Shadowcat in "X-Men: Days of Future Past". However, she took Kitty Pryde into a whole new level and direction compared to the original "X-Men" trilogy films. (You will never see it coming.) You can also follow her on her Twitter page: @EllenPage
Peter Dinklage is probably one of the most talented actors of all times. You may know him as Tyrion Lannister in "Game of Thrones". He also portrayed the main antagonist, Bolivar Trask, in "X-Men: Days of Future Past". 
Nicholas Hoult as Hank McCoy a.k.a Beast before transformation. There were just too many pictures of him as Beast so i could only find one decent picture of him in his character and this is the only one. You can follow him on his Twitter page: @NicholasHoult for more information and update on his character and of course himself.
Fan Bing Bing portrayed Clarice Ferguson a.k.a Blink in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" and I can't wait to see her again in the sequel, "X-Men: Apocalypse", which will be released on March 27, 2016 if there isn't any last minute changes. (I just love her costume and her hairstyle in this film.)
I also can't wait to see Evan Peters as Pietro Maximoff a.k.a Quicksilver in the sequel. He's just such a fun and energetic character that I love to see more in the future. 

Most of all, us fans must give all our love and gratitude to this guy's existence because he created the most AMAZING characters (I do mean Superheroes) and comic books (With Superheroes in it). You can follow Stan Lee on his Twitter page: @TheRealStanLee for more SUPERHEROES adventures.
EXPECTATIONS FOR THE SEQUEL:
* More Kitty Pryde/ Shadowcat scenes.
* More Blink, Quicksilver, Ororo Munroe a.k.a Storm (Halle Berry) , Bobby Drake a.k.a Iceman (Shawn Ashmore), Bishop (Omar Sy) , Peter Rasputin a.k.a Colossus (Daniel Cudmore) , Alex Summers a.k.a Havok (Lucas Till) in-action scenes.  
* MAGNETO'S RETURN!
* More Raven and Charles Xavier scenes.

CONCLUSION:
I rate this film a 4.8/5.
  I think this film is close to perfection. I just feel like the film was so good that you feel that it's just not enough. However, I fully understand that since it is a combination of the present and the future, so there were many scenes that were a little be rush and needs to be shorten. However, I'm definitely looking forward to the sequel, "X-Men: Apocalypse" that will be releasing in March 27, 2016, if there isn't any changes. All the cast members will be reprising their roles alongside some new cast members like Channing Tatum was recently cast as Gambit and they're still looking for new cast members to portray the younger version of Storm, Cyclops and Jean Grey. 
  Overall, this film is probably the BEST among all the other X-Men films that were ever made and be sure to check this film out in your nearest cinemas or theaters. 

For more information on "X-Men: Days of Future Past", you can check out this link below:
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men:_Days_of_Future_Past)

I'm currently reading the "Divergent" trilogy by Veronica Roth. I just bought the "Divergent: Official Illustrated Movie Companion" two days ago and just felt like reading the entire trilogy again. And yes! Even "Allegiant". I will be doing a brief series review on them on my blog very soon.

Like always, if you find my blogs, (My Little Book Affairs and Le Blog de Nicole), interesting, do subscribe them by clicking on the buttons beside my blog or you can also read it through your email just simply insert your email address on the column beside this blog. You can also follow me on Twitter (@NicoleWong1998), Instagram (CameraStyleMe), Pinterest (Nicolette 'Nicole' Wong) and Tumblr account (NicoleTheGirlNextDoor). I also recently just signed up for GoodRead. You can search my name (Nicole Wong) to follow me there.

 That's all for now. Thank you for reading this post and I'll see you soon. 
  

















No comments:

Post a Comment