Thursday 24 December 2015

CHRISTMAS EDITION--BOOK REVIEW: THE CHARM BRACELET AND MY PERSONAL CHRISTMAS PLAYLIST AND CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST

  Merry Christimas to all my forever wonderful and energetic readers. 
  
  Since today is the first day of Christmas, I decided to do a Christmas edition book review on "The Charm Bracelet" by Melissa Hill and to show you guys my personal Christmas Playlist, which you can listen on during the entire Christmas period, and my personal Christmas Movie List, which you can watch while sipping hot chocolate. I chose to read "The Charm Bracelet" by Melissa Hill because the book also sets around Christmas and also because of that, I decided to review this book with a little bit more of a Christmas tune, which is slightly different than all my previous book reviews. 

  Without any more further distraction, let's get right into it. 

Book Synopsis provided at the back of the book:
"Holly O'Neil knows that every charm bracelet tells a story.
Many years ago she was sent one with just a single charm attached. The charms have been appearing ever since, often at challenging times, as if her mysterious benefactor knows exactly when she needs a little magic in her life. 
As a result, Holly's bracelet is her most prized possession. So when she finds someone else's charm bracelet, she feels she has to try to reunite it with its owner. Even if the only clues she has to follow are the charms themselves.
On a search that will take her all over New York City at Christmas, Holly becomes ever more determined to piece together the details of this other charmed life. But what she doesn't know is that her quest may also lead her somewhere she never, ever expected..."


OFFICIAL BOOK REVIEW:
+ This book consists of 41 chapters, which are all completely wrapped around with bundles of joy. Everything in this book was just so exciting and really addictive; so exciting and addictive till the point I just did not want to put the book down. Too be honest, I'm not the type of reader who will jump right into for a genre like this and it was my mother who chose this book for me because she thought I like books with pretty covers and trust me, I always fall for pretty covers. The good thing is most of the pretty books contain an amazing story inside like "A Court of Thorns and Roses", "Red Queen", "The Bone Season" and many others. And it is also a way to keep my bookshelf constantly looking pretty and interesting. However, when I bought this book, it took me a few months to finally pick it up and read, and I'm really glad I did because it was really good. 
+ This book is like a wrapped-up present with beautiful present paper wrapped all over it and a big red bow on top of it (there is literally a red elegantly-tied ribbon on the front cover) and inside contains full of unexpected and full of wonder. And reading this book is really similar towards opening a present and really excited each time you take a peek inside and the joy inside you when you finally see the gift you always wanted.
+ Melissa Hill is officially my most favourite author and "The Charm Bracelet" is officially my top favourite books of all time. Her writing skills are just so wonderful. I just love how she involved fashion inside it because fashion is my first love apart from reading. After completing this book, I really, really hope she wrote the "Gossip Girl" book series because her writing skills and how she sees life really suits "Gossip Girl", not that I don't like Cecily von Ziegesar. It's just, Melissa would have done a better job with them. I also sense a little "How I Met Your Mother" on-and-off in the book.
+ This is by far the book with least annoying characters. I admit I just don't like Karen and Nick from the first moment they appear, like I could already sense that Karen is a gold-digger and a materialistic girl from the way she talks and reacts. Nick, on the other hand, is one of those douche-bags that doesn't realise they lost something precious until he needs them back. However, I'm still glad Melissa created both of these two characters because without the both of them, it really wasn't an appealing story. 
+ I also can't believe that she could make two complete strangers like Karen and Greg, who's lives are completely different, other than the charm bracelet, intertwined with each other. I mean, I knew immediately that these two characters might meet each other, but the way they met was just so beautiful and special, yet a little shocking. And the romantic relationship like Jeff and Christina she created in this book really made me a little envious, but it also made me believe that true love still exists in a materialistic world like this.
- Although I love a shocking ending that will leave me gasping for months, I hoped the ending could be a little more conclusive and I really want to know more about Holly and Greg's relationship and what the future holds for them. Did they went out on a date after that or something? Are they a couple? Most importantly, do they genuinely have feelings for each other? If they do, does Grey mind Holly has a son? Are their lives truly a happy ending? However, I really hope I could have an opportunity to ask Melissa all the questions personally one day. 

My book cover of "The Charm Bracelet" by Melissa Hill.


Another book cover version of "The Charm Bracelet" by Melissa Hill.


CONCLUSION:
I rate this book a 4.3/5.
  Magical. Wonderful. And simply Addictive. Their the only words I can explain about this book or I'll just let the ratings speak for themselves. This is by far the best book I've read this year.
  Overall, if you like Sophie Kinsella's work and fashion or just simply testing the water with a new genre like I first did with this book, I highly recommend this book. (Now, I can't wait to get "Something from Tiffany's", also written by Melissa Hill.) 

For more information on Melissa Hill's recent masterpiece or on "The Charm Bracelet", click on this link to learn more: http://www.melissahill.info/ 

  I am still currently reading two books at the same time while I am still giving my book review on "A Court of Thorns and Roses" by Sarah J Maas some final touches. I am still currently reading "How I Live Now" by Meg Rosoff and "The False Prince" by Jennifer A. Nielsen.

  As for my personal Christmas Playlist and Movie List, they are not in any particular order, just some songs I have on my IPod and movies I will be watching during the Christmas period. 

MY PERSONAL CHRISTMAS PLAYLIST:

  • Frosty the Snowman 
  • Santa Claus is Coming to Town 
  • Do You Want to Build a Snowman?
  • Somewhere in my Memory
  • O Holy Night 


MY PERSONAL CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST:

  • Home Alone 
  • Home Alone: Lost in New York 
  • Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas 
  • Gremlins
  • A Christmas Carol 
  • Batman Returns 
Like always, if you find my blogs, (My Little Book Affairs and Le Blog de Nicole), interesting, do subscribe them by clicking on the buttons beside my blog or you can also read it through your email just simply insert your email address on the column beside this blog. You can also follow me on Twitter (@NicoleWong1998), Instagram (CameraStyleMe), Pinterest (Nicolette 'Nicole' Wong) and Tumblr account (NicoleTheGirlNextDoor) for more updated information. I also signed up for GoodRead. You can search my name (Nicole Wong) to follow me there. You can also add me on Snapchat with the username: QueenieNicoleWong and on Vine: Nicole Wong.

  That's all for now. Thank you for reading this blog post and have a Holly, Jolly Christmas. I'll see you guys very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment